Monday 10 September 2012

The xx / coexist.Review?






One of favourite albums ,Is the XX - XX



I'm not a music reviewer ,I'm not a muso and I am no "dickhead " so I won't attempt to review it properly only to say that it is beautiful & melancholy .It's prefect for lying in dark rooms and doing a some thinking . It's not a happy album ,well that is understatement .It's about lying in your room and thinking about lost love or the meaning of your existence . I will never get bored of it , were as I can imagine a vast amount of people would find it unbearable dirge on the first listen .I'm not much of follower of new music ,in the sense I don't know when new music is going to be released .So when I saw a review of the new album by the xx I did get a little excited.

Everyone knows 2ND albums aren't the same ..

Words can not express how disappointed I was/am . While the first album was full of memorable tracks,I fell in love with , with lyrics that punched you in the face and heart . The new offering has nothing of the sort ,it's literally just noise to my ears .I feel nothing,the tracks go absolutely now where . One track was released months go "angels ".




I can understand why this was released early it's easily the best and most memorable track .Not one of the ten other tracks on "coexist" as made the impact . Put it this way ,normally one listen and I'll remember a track whether I like it or not. After two full listens ,I have to admit I turned it off and put on their first album  in disgust .For me music is very much chosen by mood , happy playlists ,depressing playlists ,writing playlists.Perhaps I'm being a little pretentious ,but unless it's cheesy pop music or something to dance to.I need music to actually make me feel something and this album made me feel nothing but bored and disappointed . Not something I actively choose to feel.









No comments:

Post a Comment